Before you can start fishing in the game you need to reach the mission “a fish fisherman“, which is given to you by Jeremy Gill. As soon as you start getting fish, you should send them to them through the post office. Note that the largest fish should be placed on the back of the horse, while the smaller fish will automatically go in your backpack. Although during this mission they will give you a map, it is not quite accurate and that’s what this article will help you with.
Before you go directly to the areas where legendary fish appear, you must go well prepared. First, you must buy the following three lures:
- Special lake lure that costs $ 20
- River lure that costs $ 20
- Special swamp lure that costs $ 20
You can buy them all in “special lures” at Bait Shop in Bayou.
You can only fish for legendary fish with special lures, so forget about the normal ones for this type of fish.
How To Get Legendary Fish
Bearing in mind that you will already know how to equip the fishing rod and select lures as you find yourself in a river, lake or swamp, you should throw it into the water in a place where waves appear that is where the fish are swimming.
When you have launched it, you can roll the lure by turning the right stick clockwise. Note that it may take up to a minute for a fish to bite. You can use the upper right triggers to attract the fish. Here is the map of the legendary fish in Red Dead Redemption 2, with a number that tells you what kind of legendary fish you have in that area:
- Legendary trout- special river lure
- Legendary perch- special lake lure
- American pike- special river lure
- Legendary garopa- special swamp lure
- Bullhead fish- special river lure
- Legendary big sturgeon- special river lure
- Mojarra Azul- special lake lure
- Lucio Chain- the special lure of Rio
- Legendary red salmon- special lake lure
- Black Bass- special lake lure
- Rock Boss- special lake lure
- Legendary red fin- special lake lure
- American perch- special lake lure
How To Catch These
In order to catch the legendary bullhead catfish, found in Sisika, we will have to take a canoe. There is usually one in the Van Horn Trading Post, and on the coast just in front of the jail.
When players have a big fish in their horse’s rump, and they die, they will have to go back to its place of origin and catch it again. When players have caught the 13 legendary fish and sent them by mail to Jeremy Gill, they will have one last assignment: go with him to Rio Bravo to catch the legendary American catfish.